I am constantly looking for ways to improve and I came across this article and I thought I would share it with all of you...
It is called become a better person in 7 days
The writer says becoming a better person is not a chore....it actually feels great! I agree that I could gain a lot from it so I am going to try.
This is the jist broke down by day:
Day 1--tell someone you love them: It is a sign of confidence and expresses what you truly feel. There is nothing more amazing than knowing someone loves you.
Day 2--Open your ears and listen: We all at some point need to be heard. We need to get things out and just blow some steam. Unfortunately, the art of listening is fading away. It’s becoming more and more of a struggle for people to find a good pair of ears to vent off to. It can make a tremendous difference in someone’s life, and it’s one of the best gifts you can give anyone.
Day 3--Apologize: Apologizing is not an admission that you were wrong. On the other hand, it is proof that you are confident enough to say it. This act will not only make the other party feel much better, it will inspire them. So by being the “bigger person” and apologizing, you create nothing but positive energy all around. This is as rewarding for you as it is for that other person.
Day 4--Give away a valuable: You see, sharing your wealth is one of the best ways to prove how much you care and necessary to becoming a good person. These types of gifts are so much more powerful than anything given on birthdays or holidays, because it shows that you gave it because you wanted to, not because you had to.
Day 5--Volunteer your time: What I mean is that instead of watching tv or surfing the web for example, take some of that time and do something that will help contribute to the development of your community. Nobody refuses a helping hand and everyone benefits out of it.
Day 6--Help out a stranger: After all, we are all humans and we should stick up for one another. Could be helping an elderly person with their bags, or helping a kid cross the street, there are so many tiny gestures that we can do in our daily life to help others it’s incredible.
Day 7--Donate: There are tons of really good charities and organizations across the globe that make it their goal to help out those that are in need. Pick any organization about any particular cause that you may hold dear to your heart, and provide them with a donation. The internet makes it really easy now to find such organizations, so this final step is super simple and quick to complete. Donate whatever you can. The amount is not important. What is important is that even though your gesture was simple and quick, the difference it will make will resonate with far greater significance in the grand scheme of things.
The last thought is...With such small gestures each day, you have made a difference in your life as well as in other people’s, and that is what becoming a better person is all about!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Something To Consider
Posted by ang at 2/09/2009 08:06:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I can only imagine how great one would feel after the 7 days! Are you setting a goal?!!!
Wow, thanks Ang. I think I need to do this more than anyone. I am going to get started right away.
Very thought provoking! I suppose we could all improve our lives...this is a great approach.
That is really neat. It seems pretty simple too. Just makes you concious I guess.
I played the game - and I did it in 21 seconds and 100% - so I guess I can still live for awhile. I am sharp as a tack or something like that. Hope you are feeling better. Good luck at the tax lady next week. See you then.
Post a Comment