Hey everyone I came across an interview that Bronco gave. He gave some great thoughts! This is the link if you are interested. It is about 5 minutes long.
http://1280thezone.com/images/uploads/audio/9-17-08%20rome%20with%20bronco.mp3
Friday, September 19, 2008
Football
Posted by ang at 9/19/2008 10:08:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I may not be a "sit-down and watch" kind of BYU fan, but I do love to hear good things about BYU. This was a great clip and Bronco gives a great interview.
In the letters to editor in the Daily Herald today there was this comment (maybe you've seen this).
It's becoming well known that Coach Bronco Mendenhall takes his football players to church fireside talks before games. Before the game with UCLA the location was Payson.
My sister, Beverly Taylor Evans, lives four blocks down the street from the church and really wanted to attend, even though in the late stages of bone cancer she would need to use a wheelchair. But it was her 73rd birthday and her entire family (including a daughter flying in from Texas) had planned a surprise party the same evening.
A long-time BYU fan, Bev commented as the team buses went up her street that it "would be nice if they just stopped by my party."
A BYU fan myself, I decided to attend the fireside and very brashly cornered Coach Mendenhall as he was leaving. When I hold him Bev's situation, he said with no hesitation, "What's the street number? I will stop by to see her."
With enthusiasm and genuine compassion he knelt beside my sister's wheelchair and talked with her about her family, her love of BYU sports and the upcoming game.
In his remarks at the fireside, Coach Mendenhall said that football is important but so is service to others. I could not have been more impressed that he is such a man of his word.
Thought you might enjoy this Angie. I took up too much room, sorry!
Thanks mom that was cool. I love Bronco--I hope we never lose him, alas I am afraid that the eyes of the nation are on him and I hope he does not become an urban myer.
Post a Comment